There will be a special “Board of Mentors” to mentor the Espian Executive Council. The wisdom of Elders is something to be sought and valued — especially since the valuable experiences of those who've gone before us is all too often neglected in modern society.
What is Expected of Mentors
The specific nature and level of engagement will be up to each individual Mentor. But they will all be expected to:
- Advise and guide us from the depths of their experiences.
- Be frank and open with any feedback they might have.
- Believe in us as individuals.
- Push us to be the best that we can be.
The following amazing individuals have graced us by joining the Board of Mentors:
- Brian Eno
- Chris Anderson — @TEDchris
- David Fincher
- Fabian Tompsett
- Guido van Rossum — blog, @gvanrossum
- Jo Freeman
- John Brockman — website
- Juanita Brown
- Julie Meyer
- Laurence Rassel
- Lisa Fithian
- Kevin Kelly — blog, @kevin2kelly
- Kim Stanley Robinson
- Mark S. Miller
- Muhammad Yunus
- Neal Stephenson
- Saul Klein — @cape
- Scilla Elworthy
- Stephen Fry — website, @stephenfry
- Steve Jobs
- Steven Chu
- Tim Berners-Lee — blog
- Tim O'Reilly — blog, @timoreilly
- Vandana Shiva